Monday, October 7, 2013

Agero Best Practices - Remember the Basics for Customer Service

There are several steps in the cycle of service. It only takes a few missteps to take a customer from fully satisfied to dissatisfied. This article focuses on two crucial, but often overlooked steps: the introduction and the closing. 
Follow these guidelines to move your customers’ satisfaction from good to excellent:

Introduction
  • Greet your customer:
    • “Hi Mrs. Smith, my name is Bob with ABC Roadside. What is the problem that I can help you with?”
    • “Good morning Mr. Clark, I’m John from XYZ Towing and here to help.”
  • Show empathy
    • This might be the 8th tow you’ve done today, but this might be the customer’s first tow in a decade. Remember that they are probably scared and need your assistance.
  • Explain the process:
    • “I am going to hook up my winch to your car and load it onto the bed. This will take a few minutes, but I’ll get you and your car to a safe place as quickly as possible.”
    • “Please be patient while I jack up your car and change the tire. It may take several minutes, but I will get you on your way as quickly and safely as I can.”
Closing the service
  • Thank the customer for their business.
    • Remember that they aren’t just another PO.
  • Are my drivers Wreckmaster certified or at least completely trained on how to properly hook up the latest and newest model cars?
  • Do all of my drivers complete a Pre-trip and Post-trip inspection of their truck and equipment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your language clean when posting comments on this blog.